Moving Out Instructions
When vacating the property you must submit your intent to vacate in writing to the office 20 days prior to the end of the month. Please provide the manager with your forwarding address so we can process your refund.
Your deposit will be mailed to your forwarding address within fourteen days after you have vacated the property. Please allow adequate time for the mail delivery.
Please contact your utility providers to do a final meter reading as of your last day of tenancy and make sure when you vacate all outstanding balances are paid in full. You will be required to show proof of payment of your last water/sewer/garbage bill.
Careful attention and meticulous cleaning of the following items will ensure prompt return of your deposit. If you would rather hire a professional to complete this cleaning contact your manager and they will provide you with a vendor. Please leave heat set to 55 degrees.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs (This will avoid a labor and bulb charge)
- Repair damage caused to the property (e.g. torn screens, broken windows, clogged drains, etc.)
- Absolutely no garbage is to be left at the property
- Remove all personal items from the property
- All carpets must be professionally cleaned with receipt given to manager (no Rug Doctor cleaning is allowed)
- Remove all marks from walls
- Dust all blinds/window coverings
- Dust all window sills/tracks, baseboards, light fixtures and fans
- Clean all floors including under all appliances
- Clean fireplace debris
- Remove cobwebs from ceiling, corners, behind doors and on chandeliers/light fixtures
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL KEYS AND MAILBOX KEYS IN THE PROVIDED LOCKBOX OR ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER
- Wipe down walls/backsplash
- Sweep and mop floor
- Clean sink and drain
- Clean outside and inside of oven (replace drip pans if needed)
- Wash all counter tops
- Clean outside and inside of refrigerator including freezer and top
- Clean all cupboards and drawers inside and out
- Wash stove hood, remove and wash filter and light
- Clean bathtub and or shower including fixtures
- Clean all tile and grout
- Mirrors, medicine chest, cabinets, drawers should be cleaned and all items removed
- Clean and sanitize toilet
- Wash floor
- Remove all items including hangers
- Vacuum or mop
- Remove all personal items
- Sweep floor
- Remove any auto fluid stains with appropriate cleaner
- Weed appropriate planting areas
- Mow lawn and edge
- Sweep walks, decks and patios
- Remove all personal items from sheds/outbuildings, if applicable.
Activate my portal
If you are having difficulty accessing your portal please click below
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or view available properties.